Friday, May 13, 2011

Rob & Laurie

Laurie was always a "kid person", she always loved babies and baby-sitting which was total opposite from me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my children and being a mom, but you know the kind of people I'm talking about- the ones who enjoy baby-sitting and working in day-cares and nannying (all of which my sister has done and loved). I always knew she would be a great mom and now here we are, both of us are moms enjoying raising our children with the amazing husbands God has blessed us with. Laurie and I both were married at age 20 and had our first child within that first year...her and Rob were pregnant after one month (I waited a whopping three months:) and then after Jude, their oldest who is now 2 1/2), they found out they were pregnant with Hailey after just three months! Laurie got pregnant again back in October but miscarried around 7 weeks. We were all shocked as none of us (my mom, grandmas and Laurie and I) have had any before and it was so upsetting because I just kept thinking Why Laurie? but she handled it so well and had a very thankful attitude for her two healthy babies that she already has. It was a hard few months for her but a few months after she was pregnant again! She went in for an ultrasound to make sure things looked ok and she called me afterwards to let me know things looked ok. Every time this happens to one of us we always joke "there are two in there!" or "yeah both babies looked good!" just to see if the other one would fall for it, but this time I could hear the tears in her voice as she choked back "Both babies have strong heartbeats"..and I just knew she was telling the truth. Laurie & Rob are expecting twins :) She's 16 weeks along now and things are going well, but please keep them in your prayers over the next 5 months until the twins are born!
We shot these is about 10-15 minutes after I took some shots of my parents with all their grandkids!























2 comments:

  1. Twins? That's exciting!!! These are wonderful! LOVE the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah Maggie, you're a twin too! We are so excited to have twins in the family! Not to mention the fact that I get to photograph them whenever I want, which is a major bonus :)I edited all of these with the new lilyblue simple set that I won- love them!

    ReplyDelete